Sunday, September 9, 2012

2005 Justice League of America #60 cover recreation by Arthur “Art” Adams

Click To Enlarge


David Mandel commissioned Art Adams to recreate a classic 1968 cover by Carmine Infantino and Murphy Anderson featuring the Atom, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, the Flash, Superman, and most prominently, Batgirl versus Queen Bee. While a swingin' piece in its time, the original composition was a bit clumsy and simple, so Adams wisely chose to deviate in ways that improved upon the source piece. I love the tiny winged heroes emerging from the hive, their full figures intact. Aside from the extra lift, it was just another day at the office for the Tiny Titan. Art Adams rarely draws the Mighty Mite, but he does it so well that I wish I could afford to get him to do it again. I did get a lovely piece for my Martian Manhunter blog this year though, linked below...

Arthur "Art" Adams

No comments: