Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Palmer Posterior #6134009

A few months back, I had the idea for a regular series of filler posts for Power of the Atom, but never got around to setting them up. You see, even as a confidently heterosexual male, I couldn't help but admire the derriere of one Professor Raymond Palmer. The guy is really fit and athletic, always jumping around and showing off his form. I'm sure a lot of this had to do with original artist Gil Kane, a fan of dynamic anatomy, as evidenced by SallyP's appreciation of his work at Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER! I never really took much stock of Hal Jordan's gluteus maximus, in part because that guy's an ass, but also because dark green over black leggings doesn't necessarily call attention to those not on the lookout. Meanwhile, the Tiny Titan's southern hemisphere is bright red, and as I said, the guy is constantly assuming flattering postures to show off his white boy junk. I think I'll live vicariously through Ray Palmer's bod, and offer up a counterbalance to all those objectifying sites that show off the super-heroines. Besides, I've got a Wonder Woman blog, and I don't want to feel guilty about posts where Donna Troy runs around in that gloriously form fitting Wonder Girl unitard I love more than the character wearing it.

I'll start things off a bit subdued, with the first rear view of the civilian Ray from his first appearance, before there even was a Silver Age Atom. You may not want that wedding ring he's retrieving for yourself yet, but give it a few Palmer Posterior more posts, and you may come around...

No comments: