Thursday, February 18, 2010

JLA Classified: Classic Series 3 The Atom Action Figure

Click To Enlarge


JLA CLASSIFIED: CLASSIC SERIES 3 ACTION FIGURES
The JLA CLASSIFIED: CLASSIC line expands with four all-new figures! Consistent in style and scale to Series 1 and 2, Series 3 features some of the most requested characters from DC Comics.
All figures feature multiple points of articulation and include display bases.
4-color clamshell blister card packaging.
Includes:
Zoom
6.75 h”
Superman (Red)
6.75 h”
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
6.75 h”
The Atom
6.75 h”
Advance-solicited; on sale October 20, 2010 * Action Figures * PI
What, you thought I forgot these yesterday? Hah! I just saw an extra post to be squeezed out of those solicitations! Squeezed with all the might of that steroidal freak above! Yeesh, what's he compensating for?

4 comments:

The Irredeemable Shag said...

I love me some Ed McGuiness art (which this looks to be based upon), but it just looks wrong on the Atom. He should be lanky and wiry.

Just my two cents.

The Irredeemable Shag
http://firestormfan.com
http://onceuponageek.com

Diabolu Frank said...

I agree 100%. I love McGuiness on most heroes, but some really need to retain their established proportions. I meant to throw in a Carrot Top reference (he looks like he's wearing a bit of makeup,) and how at this size, he'd appear less like a tiny man than a primarily colored softball from a distance.

LissBirds said...

Holy Quads of Insanity!

Yeah, I'm with Shag on this one. Wiry little scientist body-type, please. There needs to be some variety in body types. If everyone looks like this, then it takes the impact away from the really built guys.

Diabolu Frank said...

That's also a problem I have with Ryan Reynolds being cast as Hal Jordan. Doesn't the ring do all the heavy lifting? Seems a waste.

I can't think of any classic DC heroes that actually need to be this built, and it certainly isn't my preference. It works for Superman, and I dunno-- Lobo?