Saturday, May 14, 2011

1995 The Atom Special #2 Alternate Cover Concept by Brian Bolland

Click To Enlarge


After Ray Palmer was de-aged in Zero Hour, he once again had to fear feet, I guess. Anyway, above is a solid Brian Bolland image, but I suppose there was some concern about having the hero's back to the reader, so the finished art turned out differently...



Also, check out the gallery of Bolland's complete DC Legacies virgin art from the Atom in Arthurian England story (Featuring the Shining Knight, Merlin, the Demon Etrigan, and the Silent Knight.)

Brian Bolland Roughs Day

2 comments:

The Irredeemable Shag said...

Personally I think the original penciled sketch is a better design. With that said, any Brian Bolland drawing (even one done in crayon on wet toilet paper) is about 1000% better than most artists. So I'm happy with both drawings.

The Irredeemable Shag
http://firestormfan.com
http://onceuponageek.com

Diabolu Frank said...

I like the concept art, too. I don't want the Atom screaming at me, especially over a stinking boot.