Friday, December 20, 2013

2013 The Atom Movie Fan Casting: Crispin Glover as The Floronic Man



I was tempted to pull a Shia LaBeouf and cast Leland Orser in this role after conversations with Count Drunkula led us both to said actor. However, had I not talked with Daly, Orser would have never come to mind, so I figured I ought to figure one out entirely on my own. The world is still waiting for Crispin Hellion Glover to finally crack and murder some people (assuming he hasn't already, and has just successfully covered his tracks.) He was a favorite among many fans for the Joker for a number of years (never saw it myself,) but has likely aged out of that option at 49 (although Jack Nicholson got away with it around age 51.) What I like about the more mature Glover is that he can play "straight" as an evil scientist Dr. Jason Woodrue, but when he's revealed as a megalomaniacal faerie, that's right up Glover's alley as well. Then, when he goes really nuts and turns into a sentient plant, hey, that's still Glover all over.

Diabolic Movie Fan Casting

3 comments:

MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg said...

What do you think of the latest incarnation of Jason Woodrue, who in the New 52 goes by "Seeder"?

Diabolu Frank said...

I know nothing about him. Every time I have the slightest enthusiasm about something in the New 52, it gets vaporized in the production process. For instance, I liked Rhonda Pineda and saw a ton of potential in Martian Manhunter being part of Stormwatch. I hardly try anymore.

Count Drunkula said...

This is a really good pick. I like Crispin Glover, but for all the speculation you gave about his true evil nature, I though he'd be better for Desaad.