FRANKENSTEIN, AGENT OF S.H.A.D.E. #12I'm pretty confident that this book will be joining the ranks of the dead.
Written by MATT KINDT
Art and cover by ALBERTO PONTICELLI and WAYNE FAUCHER
On sale AUGUST 8 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
• The conclusion of “SON OF SATAN’S RING”!
• The mole inside S.H.A.D.E. is revealed.
Atom Smasher & Hawkgirl
EARTH 2 #4I'm reminded of the Lorena Marquez Aquagirl, which is a good thing. Hopefully Hawkgirl will maintain her JSA Latina qualities from last incarnation, since making her black would be an unnecessary alteration in the minority coin toss. It might also mean there's still a Shayera Thal out there somewhere as a separate entity. The points breaking the mask barrier remind me of the strands of hair that used to give Vixen catseyes. It's illogical, but looks cool, so keep schtum. I'm cool with the guns,as well. Color scheme will have to grow on me, and I'm pretty resistant to the design aesthetic of Earth-NU2.
Written by JAMES ROBINSON
Art by NICOLA SCOTT and TREVOR SCOTT
Cover by IVAN REIS
1:25 B&W Variant cover by IVAN REIS
On sale AUGUST 1 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. The variant cover will feature the standard edition cover in a wraparound format.
• THE GREEN LANTERN, THE FLASH and HAWKGIRL in action!
• The debut of the all-new ATOM SMASHER!
• A monstrous evil claws its way out of the poisoned soil of EARTH 2!
CAPTAIN ATOM #12
Written by J.T. KRUL
Art and cover by FREDDIE E. WILLIAMS II
On sale AUGUST 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
• CAPTAIN ATOM’S evolution continues as he regains his human appearance. But even though he’s closer than ever to regaining his humanity, it comes at a major cost as chaos is unleashed at his laboratory headquarters.
• This issue reaches from Earth to the edge of the universe and ends with a massive change in Captain Atom’s status quo in the DC Universe.
The book is toast, so barring a some reprieve, this will likely be the last Atomic acCount for the foreseeable future. Any last vouchers to encourage buying a trade paperback collection?
THE SAVAGE HAWKMAN #12Pike was an early WildC.A.T.s villain whom I kind of sort of liked-ish. I'd be more excited about his coming back if he didn't look like Deadpool, including turning his race from black to white (barring a coloring error.)
Plotted by ROB LIEFELD
Scripted by ROB LIEFELD and MARK POULTON
Art by JOE BENNETT and ART THIBERT
Cover by ROB LIEFELD
On sale AUGUST 22 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
• HAWKMAN vs. ST. BASTION – with PIKE, an incredible assassin with key info about Hawkman’s past, caught in the middle!